Transforming How We View Dementia Care
A Conversation with Anne Basting, PhD
Anne Basting, PhD Award winning artist, scholar and author, Anne Basting, PhD, will discuss her latest book: Creative Care: A Revolutionary Approach to Dementia and Elder Care. Dr. Basting is an innovator in the field of using creativity and imagination as tools to engage, connect and bring joy and moments of awe to those living with dementia and their caregivers. We will explore the challenges and opportunities of using creative expression to bring meaning to those on both sides of the caregiving dyad. The founder and President of award winning non-profit TimeSlips Creative Storytelling, Dr. Basting’s lifetime of work inspires all she teaches, from young adults to nursing home
residents and staff.
Jed A. Levine, moderator, CaringKind President Emeritus and longtime colleague of Dr. Basting, working together for over twenty years with the common goal
of improving the lives of all those touched by dementia.
- 2019 Dementia Reimagined: Building a Life of Joy and Dignity from Beginning to End
- 2018 Connect to Culture: An Artist’s Perspective on Caregiving
- 2017 Here But Not Here - Learning to Live with Ambiguous Loss
- 2016 A Conversation with David Hyde Pierce & David Shenk:
“The Forgetting” 15 Years Later
- 2015 A Place Beyond Words: The Literature of Alzheimer’s
- 2014 Who Am I Now? The Existential Dilemma of Caregiving