CaringKind is on the front line of the Covid-19 crisis and taking steps to protect our staff and volunteers while we serve our clients, among the city’s most vulnerable adults. We are following the NYC Department of Health directive, urging all New Yorkers, sick or healthy to stay home and to travel only for essential tasks.
In response to this directive, the CaringKind office will be closed starting Tuesday, March 17th, and we have suspended all in-person trainings, meetings and programs; The Family Caregiver Workshops and the Dementia Care Training for Professional Caregivers will be re-scheduled. Beginnings at CaringKind, our socialization program for persons with early and middle stage dementia, has been suspended until further notice.
Many of our programs will be available by phone or online.
- For questions regarding services, support or guidance, call the Helpline at 646-744-2900.
- You can call us for resources, information or emotional support as often as you need. We know that caring for someone with Alzheimer’s or dementia can be overwhelming at times – especially now.
- Our Social Workers and Dementia Care Specialists are providing one-on-one and family consultations by phone.
- You can enroll in MedicAlert® NYC Wanderer’s Safety Program via this link. www.caringkindnyc.org/wandersafety
- We are providing Support Groups via telephone conferencing. Call your support group leader or the Helpline for more information. 646-744-2900
- We are offering our Understanding Dementia for Family Caregivers via a secure online link. Please call the Helpline to enroll. 646-744-2900
Understanding the added stress on caregivers during these uncertain times, we are working to provide the services and support that are needed more than ever. We urge you to follow CDC guidelines. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html and call CaringKind for support and information. Check our website at www.caringkindnyc.org for updates and resources to help you care for your relative with dementia and for yourself.