Walk Your Way.
For the first time in our Walk's history, we're going virtual! In order to ensure your well-being - and the health and safety of those you care for - we've decided to transform our Walks into a purely virtual experience. It's always been Your Walk. Now you can Walk Your Way to a brighter future for Alzheimer's and dementia caregivers.
What does this mean?
- We will have one Walk for all participants on Sunday, October 11th
- Fundraising is especially important this year, so please create a fundraising page as you normally would
- Walkers who raise $100 or more will earn a t-shirt, and we'll mail it to you before the Walk!
- Walkers are encouraged to Walk Your Way - in your neighborhoods, in your apartment - whatever works for you
- CaringKind will create an entirely virtual experience beginning at 8:00am on the morning of October 11th. That means Walkers will be able to:
- Visit our sponsor tables and speak with representatives through video chat
- Visit our Tech Expo and speak with our tech vendors as they demonstrate their products
- Visit our CaringKind tables, including our Ask An Expert table, and video chat with a member of our Helpline staff
- Visit our Doggie Dugout table and upload a photo of your pet dressed to the nines
- Visit our Memory Wall and leave a note and/or photograph that shares your memory of a loved one
- Watch our Opening Ceremony - live!
- Our Opening Ceremony will begin at 9:00am, as usual. Only this time, the ceremony will be broadcast on YouTube Live! Our Opening Ceremony will be about 30 minutes long, and it will culminate into a ribbon cutting.
- After the ribbon cutting, you are encouraged to put on your walking shoes and a mask, and Walk Your Way around your neighborhood.
- When you return, check out our Facebook page and upload the photos of your Walk while enjoying the photos from others!
We know that COVID-19 has been especially tough on New Yorkers - especially New Yorkers affected by Alzheimer's and dementia. But New Yorkers are also especially tough. So please, Walk with us again. With your continued support, CaringKind will be here for the next family who calls in need of our help. Please register today!